That one time I ate all raw all the time.

My sister, Hannah, posted on her instagram feed a few days ago that we were planning to eat raw for the week. I've had some good folks email me some raw "recipes" and a few others ask how our little raw experiment went. So here's the details...

Last weekend while sitting around a bonfire eating smores, I started talking with my sister and our friend about eating all raw. Fruits, veggies, nuts, etc. We decided to give it a go for a week, rid our bodies of some toxins, cut out the junk, develop some new healthy habits and be one another's cheerleaders.

I figured I wouldn't have that hard of a time with this new eating style seeing as how I eat raw about 65% of the time anyway.... but snacks. Desserts. Finishing Navi's mac and cheese. That's the kind of stuff that makes up the other 35%. So the first day was tough. I craved chocolate like nobody's business. Specifically Ghirardelli chocolate caramel squares. Eff. They're THAT good. Hannah, Brin and I had a group chat going on our phones. We would message photos of ourselves drinking smoothies. Complaining about chocolate. Ugly pictures of really yummy salads etc. Are you bored yet? Sorry.

Pretty smoothie. Pretty smoothie. Grotesque looking smoothie. It was amazingly good, I promise. (And just in case you're wondering, two bananas, one avocado, bunch of spinach, bunch of blueberries, pineapple, coconut water, ice). So fast forward to day three. It's nine at night. I'm putting Weston to bed and the group chat starts up statements like "raise your hand if you wanna quit", "if you could have one thing to eat right now, what would it be?", "name a restaurant you want, ready, set, go!". And then I mentioned Cheesecake Factory and it was pretty much all downhill from there.

Soooo I braved leaving Weston asleep with Chris and us three (hungry) ladies drove a ridiculously long distance on a Wednesday night and met up at The Factory. Selfies of bread being inhaled (by Hannah) were sent to those in the group that hadn't yet arrived (me), cheesecake was enjoyed and good memories were made.

And that's the end of our "week" of eating raw. Womp, womp. It was fun(ish). Did I learn anything from this experience you ask? Hmmm. I learned that although my usual day consists of a smoothie for breakfast and an Elaine Benes sized salad for lunch, I still very much so plan on pounding chips and salsa and chocolate and the like forever and for always.

And here's some photographic evidence of our night of indulgence. And Hannah's high-on-bread face. And that's the end of this story. Sunday night blogging at its finest.

5 comments

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate each one!

Back to Top